Wednesday, December 12, 2012

How it started

For my first post, I thought I would start by introducing myself a bit and why I decided to start this blog.  I hope that this becomes a common ground for women to "meet, relate, grow and glow"!  So here is what started it all.

I am a working mother of three (all under the ages of 6) and have been married for almost ten years.  I am fortunate to have a home and family nearby to help, support, etc.  So why the blog?  It would appear to be a modern-day "Donna Reed" situation, right?  I thought so too until I realized that in my attempts to do it all, I was failing (and was oblivious to it).  I was happily completing certain tasks but then pushing the problem to another area.  I was never seeing friends or having time to take a bath due to frantically staying busy until midnight when I would lay in bed stressing over what to do tomorrow.

In the balance of home, work, family and myself, it was always tilted one way or another.  Work might be great but the home would then suffer.  Dishes piled high in the sink and laundry touching the ceiling.  Husbands are great and this blog is in no way meant to blast them.  My husband does what he can but that doesn't help with my own guilt.  I grew up with watching the Donna Reeds and decided then that I would be that type of mom, everything to everyone.  Since Donna never worked, I know she is an unfair comparison so I am simply talking about the idea of her.  Always looking good, always happy, always had a clean home, always there for her sons, etc.

That is why I am on a quest to become a "modern-day Donna Reed".  I hope that on this blog there can be discussions of problems, annoyances, concerns toppled with solutions, ideas and support.  Once I have opened up this topic to friends, I realized I was not alone.  Instead though of continuing to complain, I want to morph into the beautiful, confident, attentive, patient, organized... mother-wife that is in all of us.  Sounds cheesy?  How many of you love when you clean your house for a party (the real cleaning) and you get a moment before the guests arrive?  Or relish the feeling when you actually do have one of those days where you had dinner on the table by 6pm, cleaned up and got a moment to play with kids and then sat on the couch and talked with your hubby?

And so the quest begins...

Topics to be included in this blog; organization, recipes/food, parenting ideas, beauty, "date ideas" / friend outings, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment